Position Type: Full Time
Location: Norwood, NJ
Posted Date: September 18th, 2017
Alpine is currently searching for a Field Hydrographer with at least 1-3 years experience conducting and/or supervising hydrographic projects. This is primarily a field position and the Candidate must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally.
The ideal Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Experience conducting field operations for hydrographic survey projects and performing data processing tasks both on board survey vessels and in the office.
· Knowledge of the installation, calibration and operation of high resolution multi-beam and single beam systems.
· Knowledge of data acquisition/processing software including QINSy, HYPACK, Qimera, Fleidermaus, and Caris.
· Knowledge of GPS and motion reference positioning equipment, calibration techniques and post processing. Experience with installing and operating RTK base stations and post processing using PPK techniques.
· Experience acquiring direct read sound velocity and/or CTD data and processing the resulting information.
· Experience installing tide gauges and processing the resulting data.
· Experience processing and interpreting final data sets at least to the QA/QC stages.
· Good writing skills, including a track record preparing at least preliminary, but preferably, final reports.
· Knowledge of AutoCAD or GIS.
Alpine will look very positively on candidates with one of the following certifications: ACSM Hydrographer, Category A Hydrographer or PLS.
A proven track record of leadership, initiative and self-motivation, the ability to effectively follow best practices with regards to HSE, and attention to detail are all important skills to bring to the position.
Alpine and the Gardline Group offer access to substantial resources, training, experience and growth opportunities, providing employees a long lived and fulfilling career. The Hydrographer position will answer to the Party Chief, and/or Project Manager and the firm’s Operations Department depending on the situation.
Alpine offers a full benefits package including yearly salary reviews, paid vacation, personal days, health insurance coverage, life insurance, a 401K plan. Benefits may also include corporate credit card, cellular phone and car allowance. Relocation assistance is also available if appropriate.
Alpine is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Please submit resume with cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.