Location: Morehead City, NC
Geodynamics is currently seeking applicants for Hydrographic Survey Technician to be based in Morehead City, North Carolina. Applicants should have a combination of advanced education and practical experience in the field of coastal and offshore surveying. The successful candidate will have at least two years of hands-on experience in acquiring and processing data with singlebeam and multibeam sonar and precise positioning systems. Recognized hydrographer certification is preferred but not a requirement. Duties will include field data collection in various marine and terrestrial environments and data processing and management. Please visit our company website for more information: www.geodynamicsgroup.com
• Acquire data using multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, and sub-bottom profilers.
• Operate and process data derived from precise positioning systems such as RTK-GPS, VRS, DGPS and inertial navigation.
• Support data processing, analysis and reporting efforts.
• Basic calibration, integration, maintenance and repair of systems
Qualifications & Requirements
• Minimum of 2 years hydrographic survey experience.
• B.S. or technical training in Geomatics or related disciplines.
• Ability to work in a team environment and self-manage.
• Experience with industry standard software packages including: Hypack, Caris, QINSy, SonarWiz. Experience with ESRI ArcGIS is preferred.
• Ability to perform long hours of field work including travel and weekends, and the physical ability to lift objects over 50lbs.
• A valid driver’s license.
• A commitment to details and an enthusiastic attitude.
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
• Health and dental insurance.
• 401k retirement and health care benefits.
• Continuing education through mentoring and formal training. Ability to grow within the firm.
Geodynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and resume with contact information for three professional references digitally (PDF preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org