To apply for this position, please click the following link: https://jobs-deainc.icims.com/jobs/4681/hydrographic-project-manager/job
At David Evans and Associates our philosophy is “To find outstanding professionals and give them the freedom and support to do what they do best.” Since its founding in 1976 in Portland, OR., DEA has become a recognized leader for progressive and sustainable design and management solutions. The Marine Services Division is a nationally recognized leader in the field of hydrography with offices in Vancouver, WA and Gulfport, MS.
David Evans and Associates is looking for a Hydrographic Project Manager to be based in our Vancouver, WA office but will travel for projects. Our Hydrographic Project Managers provide project management including: manage project execution, scope and budget; estimate projects; coordinate, manage and conduct field operations; oversee and assist with data processing efforts; manage risk to crew and equipment; QA/QC; keep abreast with changing technology and provide strategic planning; and maintain good relations with clients and staff. The scope would cover a wide range of hydrographic and marine geophysical services with a primary focus on single beam and multibeam bathymetric surveys. Additional duties would include guidance, leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the Marine Services staff.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to use some or all of the following: Reson multibeam systems, Applanix POS/MV positioning and motion reference system, EdgeTech side scan sonars and similar sonar instrumentation
- Degree in Geomatics, or related science field
- Strong working knowledge of geodesy
- Familiar with NOAA and USACE specifications for hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing, estimating, conducting and processing hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of five years of experience in successfully managing people and helping them achieve their maximum potential
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and safety conscious
- Strong working knowledge of Windows-based programs, as well as hydrographic data acquisition software including Hypack, SonarWiz, Applanix POSPac, and Caris HIPS
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor
- NSPS/THSOA Hydrographer Certification or IHO Category A Hydrographer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
DEA is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.