Geodynamics is currently seeking an experienced mid-level Hydrographic Surveyor and team leader to be based in Morehead City, North Carolina who can grow with our company. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of coastal and offshore surveying and at least 2 years managing a hydrographic survey crew. Candidates must have the ability to work in a team environment and assist in the oversight of both field and office crews. The candidate should have either a B.S. or technical training in Geomatics or related disciplines. Recognized hydrographer certification (e.g. THSOA / ACSM or IHO Cat A-B) or a professional land survey license is preferred but not a requirement; however, enough previous experience accrued to work toward gaining appropriate certifications is necessary. The successful candidate will lead field data collection in various marine and terrestrial environments using modern techniques. Other general duties will include data processing, analysis, report production, equipment maintenance and other duties as assigned.
- Direct acquisition and oversight of teams collecting data using multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, MVP and exposure to sub-bottom profiling a plus.
- Operate and process data derived from precise positioning systems such as RTK-GPS, VRS, DGPS and inertial navigation.
- Support data processing, analysis and reporting efforts including oversight of team.
- Small vessel operation with USCG licensing desirable but not required.
- Assist with daily management of teams, including but not limited to survey planning and general operations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of professional hydrographic experience.
- B.S. or technical training in Geomatics or related disciplines.
- Ability to work in a team environment, self-manage, and manage others.
- Experience with data acquisition systems including: multibeam, singlebeam, sidescan, inertial navigation, sub-bottom profilers.
- Experience with industry standard software packages including: Hypack, Caris, Fledermaus, ISIS, SIS, POS Pac, ArcGIS, etc.
- Ability to perform long-hours of field work including travel and weekends and the physical ability to lift objects over 50lbs.
- A valid driver’s license with a reasonable driving record.
- A commitment to seeing projects through to completion, a high attention to detail and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- 401k retirement and health care benefits.
- Continuing education through mentoring and formal training. Ability to grow within the firm.
Geodynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter and resume with contact information for three professional references digitally (PDF or MS Word preferred) to: email@example.com