Hydrographic Surveyor at our Baltimore, MD Office.
Desired Skills and Experience
Skills required include demonstrated knowledge of all inland and nearshore hydrographic surveying procedures and data processing techniques. Ability to collect and process topographic data as referenced to hydrographic applications. Extensive overnight travel and a flexible schedule are required. A valid state driver’s license is mandatory.
Extensive experience in both single beam and multi-beam hydrography preferred.
This is not an entry level position.
Preferred Skills include but are not limited to:
- Ability to lead a detached hydrographic/topographic survey crew
- Experience with hydrographic surveys in support of dredging projects
- Experience with HYPACK survey data collection and post processing software
- Trimble Real-Time Kinematic GPS receivers and data collectors
- ODOM Echotrac echo sounders
- RESON Multi-beam Echo sounders
- Side scan Sonar data acquisition and post processing techniques
- Magnetometer data acquisition
- Functional knowledge of survey industry standards
- Demonstrated experience providing CAD products
Since 1975, GBA has provided consulting engineering services from concept to completion for dredging of port development, land reclamation and coastal engineering projects. With offices located on the major estuaries of the east, west and gulf coasts, GBA is the largest firm in the US specializing in dredging engineering, hydrographic surveys, and subsurface investigations.