The Hydrographic Society of America (THSOA) is awarding three (3) scholarships (not include travel or accommodation) to the 77th Multibeam Sonar Training Course hosted by UNB-OMG/UNH-CCOM. http://hydrometrica.com/wp/multibeam-courses
The 74th UNB-OMG/UNH-CCOM Multibeam Sonar Training Course will be held from January 7th thru the 12th, 2019 at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Course information can be found online at http://hydrometrica.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/MBC77_Info_v2_form_distributed.pdf.
The scholarship is available to our student members or recent graduate members. The scholarship for this training course only covers course materials and lunch for 6 days. Accommodations & travel are not included.
Please find the scholarship application here: MBC Application form.docx .To submit your application to this scholarship, please email your completed application to: Michael.email@example.com . The deadline to submit your application is November 15th, 2018 at 12:00pm with awards by December 1st, 2018.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
1. Be a student or recent graduate (within three years).
2. Be a THSOA member in good standing.
3. Submit a 200 word essay describing why you should be selected for this training opportunity.
4. Selected members are required to arrange through their local Chapter Chair to give a presentation at their local Hydrographic Society Chapter on their experience and what they learned.
5. Submit your application via the link above which includes submitting a paragraph answer to THSOA on why you should attend the Multibeam Sonar Training Course.
THSOA would like to express our thanks to the organizers of the Multibeam Sonar Training Course for their generous donation. They graciously donated a course registration to THSOA. THSOA also purchased two additional registrations for the scholarship.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or scholarship application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the Multibeam Sonar Training Course, please contact Lindsay Gee at email@example.com.