The Hydrographic Society of America (THSOA) is awarding two (2) scholarships (not including travel or accommodation) to the Bathymetric Multibeam Survey Training Course hosted by SEAHORSE GEOMATICS.
The Bathymetric Multibeam Survey Training Course will be held from April 29th thru May 4th, 2019 at the Kennedy School Hotel in Portland, Oregon. Course information can be found online HERE. The agenda is HERE
The scholarship is available to our student members or recent graduate members. The scholarship for this training course only covers course materials, continental breakfast and lunch for 6 days. Accommodations & travel are not included.
Please find the scholarship application HERE. To submit your application to this scholarship, please email your completed application to: Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit your application is March 15th, 2019 at 12:00pm with awards by April 1st, 2019.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
1. Be a student or recent graduate (within three years).
2. Be a THSOA member in good standing.
3. Submit a 200 word essay describing why you should be selected for this training opportunity.
4. Selected members are required to arrange through their local Chapter Chair to give a presentation at their local Hydrographic Society Chapter on their experience and what they learned.
5. Submit your application via the link above which includes submitting a paragraph answer to THSOA on why you should attend the Bathymetric Multibeam Survey Training Course.
THSOA would like to express our thanks to the organizers of the Bathymetric Multibeam Survey Training Course for their generous donation. They graciously donated two course registrations to THSOA at half the regular price
If you have questions regarding the scholarship or scholarship application, please email email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the Bathymetric Multibeam Survey Training Course, please contact Heidi Seger (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mike Mutschler (email@example.com).