3D at Depth is happy to announce positions for three (3) undergraduate interns to join the company as seasonal temporary workers during Summer 2021. 3D at Depth is the world's leading expert in commercial Subsea LiDAR laser technology, providing high precision accurate point cloud data to the offshore energy industry.
As an intern at a small innovative company, you will gain experience in the energy services business sector through both an office and field setting, such as:
- Operating state-of-the-art laser scanners in both onshore and offshore environments
- Gaining exposure to basic offshore survey practices
- Participating in onshore Dimensional Control surveys
- Learning data processing and interpretation workflows on real jobs
- Networking with professionals in the energy industry
- Obtaining valuable ship time as a student
- Contributing to company workflows and process innovation
- Training & PPE - Offshore survival training (BOSIET), oil and gas medical (OGUK), along with basic personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided by 3D at Depth.
- $15 per hour for 40 hours per week when in the office
- For each hour worked over 40 hours per week, pay is 1.5 times the hourly base rate
- Offshore / Field bonus of $100 per day while on a project
- An average of 12-hour workdays while offshore or in field
- Expect an average of 7 days of offshore / field work per month
Room, board, and personal transportation will be the responsibility of each intern. The Operations Manager, Chrissy Maschmeyer, will happily assist selected interns with finding safe lodging in Houston, TX. Start and end dates are flexible and can be negotiated for qualified candidates.
- Must have completed basic remote sensing / marine technology coursework (such as seafloor mapping, data processing, GIS, marine geology, geodesy, etc.)
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office suite - able to send daily emails, create presentations, and record lessons learned
- Must have only two (2) semesters or less remaining until graduation
- Must be able to pass a urine drug and alcohol test and adhere to the company's drug and alcohol policy
- Must have valid driver's license and passport
The deadline to apply is Friday, April 16, 2021 and interested candidates can apply by emailing Chrissy Maschmeyer at Christina.Maschmeyer@3datdepth.com.