ASBPA 2021 National Coastal Conference
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The American Shore & Beach Preservation Association in cooperation with the Coastal Zone Foundation announces the Call for Abstracts for the 2021 National Coastal Conference, September 28 - October 1, 2021 at the Hilton Riverside in New Orleans, LA. We are excited to return to New Orleans in person!
ASBPA is the nation’s first organization to promote science-based policies for the preservation of coastal areas. The theme of the 2021 conference, “Geaux Resilient”, continues to broaden our focus across the entire physical coastal and estuarine system. The National Coastal Conference provides an opportunity for coastal stakeholders and managers to develop collaborative networks to promote best management practices, while learning the latest science, engineering, and policy needed to maintain and improve the health of our beachfront and estuarine shorelines and ecosystems.
Technical, policy-oriented, and coastal floodplain resource and flood risk management presentations or posters are invited for a broad range of coastal & estuarine ecology, science, engineering, economics, and policy. Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
- Beach restoration and management
- Coastal design concepts and projects
- Green/grey infrastructure and living shorelines
- Regional comprehensive coastal studies
- Lessons learned from storms and extreme events
- Coastal & estuarine modeling
- Coastal hazard mapping & analysis tools
- Sea level rise guidance, planning, and policy
- Lagoon, wetland, marsh, and estuary restoration
- Regional sediment management
- Economics of coastal resources
- Federal, state, and local coastal policy, regulatory and legal issues
- Sand source availability and sand rights
- Coastal infrastructure management
- Resiliency and adaptation policy
- “Nuisance flooding” and urban flooding challenges
- Lessons and issues in coastal communication and outreach
Presentations may be PowerPoint or poster format. Abstracts (up to 500 words) are due by May 1 for PP presentations, and August 29 for Poster presentations. Submit abstracts via the online form by visiting our Future Meetings page at https://asbpa.org/conferences/future-meetings/.
Please note presenters are responsible for their travel expenses and registration fees. Notification of PowerPoint presentation status will occur by June 18, 2021.